Homework and study are integral parts of a student’s education. Through regular study, a student is able to develop study habits and skills that are essential for intellectual growth and academic achievement.
Remember, homework is set for the purposes of practice, preparation and/or extension. Homework can include:
- Daily revision of lessons, which can be done by writing three key points about concepts learnt in classes each day into a revision notebook;
- Ongoing revision and study for assessments such as tests and SACs;
- Work set by teachers to be done overnight or by a set date;
Sustained Silent Study is available for Year 12 students once a week from 3.45pm to 7.00pm (15 minute break included). This supervised study is strongly recommended for all Year 12 students to assist in developing concentration and in preparation for exam conditions.
The O’Connor Learning Centre’s opening hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8.00am to 6.00pm
- Wednesday 8.00am to 5.00pm
- Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm (for extra supervised study opportunities)
Homework help is also available in the O’Connor Learning Centre from 3.30pm to 4.30pm each evening. Further study opportunities will be advertised throughout the year.