School Sport Victoria (SSV) is the peak body for School Sport in Victoria. SSV is a sub-committee of the Department of Education and Training.
School Sport Victoria is a merge of the Victorian Primary Schools’ Sports Association and the Victorian Secondary Schools’ Sports Association that occurred during 2009 and was established January 1, 2010. The two member associations have steered a school sport program for over 2,300 schools, all Victorian primary schools, government and non-government and all Victorian government secondary schools. These two associations existed for over 100 years providing an ongoing interschool sport program for Victorian students.
School Sport Victoria will actively promote school sport for all Victorian school students as a means of supporting schools programs in developing their students’ health and wellbeing. School Sport Victoria will do this by:
- providing strategic leadership for Victorian School Sport;
- providing regular sporting competition that embraces an educational approach in developing students’ appreciation and carriage of respected community values;
- advocating recognition for School Sport leadership at all levels;
- maximising participation opportunities for all school students in competition that is commensurate with their age and ability;
- promoting school and community partnerships through sport; and
- governing SSV to promote the efficient and effective administration of School Sport.
For more information, please visit the website.